General Bourbon County Fair and Horse Show Rules
1. No entry fee will be charged in exhibits or entries except Tractor and Truck Pulls, Horse Shows, Demo Derby, Tug-O-War, ATV & truck dirt races and pageants.
2. Exhibitor may participate without regard to race, color, sex, national origin or handicap.
3. The Fair Board will use the utmost care to prevent losses, accidents or injury to persons, livestock, and products. BUT WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE SHOULD ANY OF THESE OCCUR.
4. All exhibits must be recorded with the Department Chairman in which they are shown and each exhibit must be correctly labeled with entry tags which will be furnished by management.
5. The Fair Board will interpret all rules of the fair. The decision of this board is final in the event of misunderstanding.
6. Any violation of rules will cause forfeiture of awards or denial of participation.
7. The Fair Board will not be responsible for any articles which are not picked up on Saturday, July 2, 2023 10:00 to 12:00 pm. ITEMS NOT PICKED UP WILL BE DISPOSED OF AT 12 NOON.
8. Premiums for all exhibits except livestock will be issued Saturday, July 2, 2023, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Bourbon County Fair Office, Bourbon County Park.
9. ALL PREMIUM CHECKS WILL BE VOID 30 DAYS AFTER DATE OF ISSUE. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
10. Only judges, Department Chairmen and helpers will be allowed in exhibition hall or show ring while judging is taking place.
11. Open Class Exhibits are open to all exhibitors unless otherwise specified and must be ownership and workmanship of each exhibitor and will be judged on the American System.
12. Exhibitors must present claim tickets in order to pick up entries.
13. An exhibitor may enter only one entry in the same class with the exception of livestock.
14. Checks will be mailed to any out of-county exhibitor in livestock classes.
15. Exhibitors must be residents of Bourbon County or members of Bourbon County Homemakers, Bourbon County FFA or Bourbon County 4-H.
16. All agricultural exhibits must originate from farm or homestead within Bourbon County.
17. Admission Policy: EVERYONE who enters Bourbon County Fairgrounds is required to pay admission fee or produce official pass provided by Fair Board.