Fair Exhibit Entries
To find lot and class numbers for entries click on the corresponding links below.
Fair Entry Times:
Saturday, June 24th 9:00AM-Noon
Monday, June 26th 8:30AM-11:30AM
FLOWER SHOW EXHIBITS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY ON MONDAY.
Click on the links below to see entries for each lot.
Lot #. Category
2. Open Adult Vegetables and Fruit
7. Open Adult Food Preservation
18. Open Youth Vegetables and Fruit
21. Open Youth Needlework & Sewing
24. Open Youth Home Environment
26. Open Youth Foods and Preservation
27. FFA Agricultural Mechanics
31. Open Youth Art- 5 and Under
RULES FOR YOUTH
1. Exhibitors in 4-H classes must be between the ages 9 years old and 19 years old as of January 1, 2022. Exhibitors under 9 years of age may exhibit in open youth categories. Exhibitors entering in FFA must be an active FFA member.
2. Youth exhibitors may not exhibit in open class and youth class with the same project unless indicated under the rules in the specific departments. They may enter in open class an exhibit that was not included in the youth class.
3. All exhibits must have been grown or made since July 1, 2021 and owned as of May 1, 2022. The workmanship is expected to be that of the exhibitor.
4. Exhibits are subject to the approval of the youth advisors of 4-H and FFA or personnel designated by these advisors.
5. Awards and ribbons will be judged on Danish System unless indicated otherwise in the specific department.
6. General rules of the fair apply to youth divisions unless otherwise indicated.
7. Exhibitors must reside in Bourbon County or be a current member of Bourbon County 4-H, FFA or FCCLA.
ADULT FAMILY AND CONSUMER EXHIBITS
The Extension Homemaker Council sponsors cash prizes for the number of Homemaker entries to the Bourbon County Fair. All dues-paying Homemakers are eligible. The Bourbon County Extension Homemaker with the most Adult Family & Consumer entries will receive $75, second place will receive $50, and the third place will receive $25.
The rules are:
1. You must be a paid "current" Homemaker.
2. Only 5 art exhibits will be counted.
3. You must abide by the fair categories.
4. No categories will be made to fit your entry.
5. You must advise the department workers hat you are a Homemaker at the time of making entry. NAME, HOMEMAKER CLUB (OR MAILBOX MEMBER) MUST BE WRITTEN ON THE BACK OF ENTRY TAG.
Not a member? Membership applications will be available at the fair office booth. Dues are $8 per year.
These awards will be in addition to the Bourbon County Fair Board premiums. Your awards check will be available to pick up on Saturday morning during exhibit release. Any further questions on the event, please contact Kay Denniston.
Handmade articles which are exhibited MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR AND MAY NOT HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN EXHBITED EXCEPT FOR ENTRIES JUDGED ON AGE.